[R] Using lm coefficients in polyroot()

Lukasz Komsta luke at novum.am.lublin.pl
Fri Aug 19 14:13:49 CEST 2005

Dnia 2005-08-19 11:50, UÅ¼ytkownik Dieter Menne napisaÅ‚:

> Are you really sure you want to throw away lower order terms in a fit by
> misusing stepAIC? With the rare exception of omitting a constant offset, I
> don't know any case where there are good reasons to omit lower order terms in a

I appreciate your will to prevent me from misusing stepAIC :), but I
would like to perform some Monte-Carlo study of such case, these are not
real-life data. Without the function, this study is not possible.

> For a more competent discussion of the matter, read Bill Venables
>
> http://www.stats.ox.ac.uk/pub/MASS3/Exegeses.pdf

I know it. Thank you again.

--
Lukasz Komsta