[R] kmenas does not accept NAs (was tackle with error)

Prof Brian Ripley ripley at stats.ox.ac.uk
Fri Aug 19 15:39:03 CEST 2005

On Fri, 19 Aug 2005, Mostafa Ghaderi wrote:

> may you drop me some idea how can i get rid of following error message:
> Error in switch(nmeth, { : NA/NaN/Inf in foreign function call (arg 1)
> i dont know what does nmeth and ther rest of error message mean? i have
> a file which contains 460 rows and 174 columns including missing value
> as NA.

Please do read it carefully.

You have not told us what you are doing, nor provided a reproducible
example.  Using traceback() will tell you where the error message is
coming from.

Some searching suggests you are using kmeans().  If you have matrix with
missing values which you pass to kmeans, this is what you will get.  It
does not accept missing values, so you will have to decide what to do
about them.

Brian D. Ripley,                  ripley at stats.ox.ac.uk