[R] Installing R in Fedora Core 4

Gavin Simpson gavin.simpson at ucl.ac.uk
Fri Aug 19 17:55:44 CEST 2005

On Fri, 2005-08-19 at 11:07 -0400, White, Charles E WRAIR-Wash DC wrote:
> [...]

Do you mean the shared library libR.so? If so, the README in the FC3
section indicates that these rpms now include the functionality you
require. The absence of a README in the FC4 section means it is not
clear from there if these rpms are also compiled with the shared
library.

>From Peter's email, it would seem that the maintainer of the R rpm for
Extras continues to use the compiler flags that cause the problems
previously described (I haven't confirmed that this is still the case
mind you).

Although FC4 is bleeding edge, I've had very few problems with in on my
new laptop or my home desktop - after initial gcc v4.0.0 and gfortran
teething troubles that is.

HTH

Gavin Simpson                     [T] +44 (0)20 7679 5522
ENSIS Research Fellow             [F] +44 (0)20 7679 7565
ENSIS Ltd. & ECRC                 [E] gavin.simpsonATNOSPAMucl.ac.uk
UCL Department of Geography       [W] http://www.ucl.ac.uk/~ucfagls/cv/
26 Bedford Way                    [W] http://www.ucl.ac.uk/~ucfagls/
London.  WC1H 0AP.