[R] Solaris10-amd64-studio10 compilers

Vin Everett vin.everett at cimr.cam.ac.uk
Fri Aug 19 18:56:47 CEST 2005

Hi,

I am trying to compile R-2.1.1 on Solaris10, with the Studio10 compilers.

When I try to compile 64bit with
CFLAGS="-xarch=amd64"
export CFLAGS

I get a configure failure on

checking for rl_callback_read_char in -lreadline... no
checking for history_truncate_file... no
configure: error: --with-readline=yes (default) and headers/libs are not
available

unset CFLAGS and its fine will compile 32bit.

Any ideas gratefully received.

I should say I installed the readline headers etc /usr/local

a configure with --without-readline but with CFLAGS="-xarch=amd64"
goes on to

checking for dummy main to link with Fortran libraries... none
checking for Fortran name-mangling scheme... unknown
configure: WARNING: unknown Fortran name-mangling scheme
checking whether f77 appends underscores to external names... unknown
configure: error: cannot use Fortran

Again this is the studio10 fortran.

Cheers Vin

Vin.Everett at cimr.cam.ac.uk
JDRF/WT Diabetes and Inflammation Laboratory (DIL)
Cambridge Institute for Medical Research (CIMR)
Wellcome Trust/MRC Building Addenbrooke's Hospital
Hills Road Cambridge CB2 2XY
Tel +44 1223 763212
Fax +44 1223 762102
Mob +44 7990 966266