[R] plot(type="h") equivalent in Lattice?

Maciej Kalisiak mkalisiak at gmail.com
Sat Aug 20 02:28:05 CEST 2005

I tend to prefer doing graphics in R using the lattice library.  I'm
"porting" some old scripts.  Is there a nice way to get in lattice the
equivalent of the plot(type='h'), which is the high-density
lines/histogram plot in base graphics package?  I tried doing this
with barchart(), but with limited success... the fact that I have
~1000 datapoints/bars causes problems, in that R insists on rendering
a tick/label for each bar, and as far as I can tell the plot doesn't
come out as accurate, due to running together of the bars (at least in
plot(type='h') you are guaranteed that each bar/line is exactly one
pixel wide)...

--
Maciej Kalisiak
<mkalisiak at gmail.com>