[R] problems when installing R in Fedora core 4

José Matos jamatos at fc.up.pt
Sun Aug 21 17:56:36 CEST 2005

Peter Yang wrote:

> Hi, I got a problem when installing R in Fedora core 4. When I ran
> .configure, it gave the following error message:
>
> configure: error: --with-x=yes (default) and X11 headers/libs are not
> available
>
> Could anyone tell me what's wrong? Am I missing some package in Fedora?

  Assuming that you have network access on that computer, installing R
should be as easy as:

# yum install R

  This works since R is now in extras. If you have any problems with this
please say.

  I intend to package also some other packages from contrib, they should
appear on extras soon.

--
JosÃ© AbÃ­lio