[R] time series plots: labels language & tickmarks

Prof Brian Ripley ripley at stats.ox.ac.uk
Mon Aug 22 14:04:11 CEST 2005

On Mon, 22 Aug 2005, javier garcia - CEBAS wrote:

> My native language is spanish and I would need to do two changes in the
> default xlabels in timeseries plots:

What sort of plots are you talking about here?  (Not tsplot or plot.ts,
for example.)  I think you are perhaps talking about plots of Dates.

> a) For timeseries that span more than one year, there are just xlabs and
> tickmarks for the beginning of each year. Could I add extra tick marks for
> each month easily?

See ?axis.Date, if this is about Dates.

> b) The xlabs appear in my language for months and days (spanish) but I need
> them in English, how can I change this setting?

Use R in an English locale.  (If as the posting guide asked you have told
us your platform we could have told you how.  If you had shown us some
reproducible code we would not have had to guess as to what you want to
do.)

Brian D. Ripley,                  ripley at stats.ox.ac.uk