[R] Copying rows from a matrix using a vector of indices

Spencer Graves spencer.graves at pdf.com
Wed Aug 24 02:01:32 CEST 2005

	  I don't quite understand what you are asking.  Have you checked the
sections on "Simple manipulations numbers and vectors", "Arrays and
matrices", and "Lists and data frames" in the manual "An Introduction to
R"?  If you still would like some help after this, PLEASE do read the
posting guide! "http://www.R-project.org/posting-guide.html".  It can
increase the chances that you will get a useful reply.

	  spencer graves

Martin Lam wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I am trying to use a vector of indices to select some
> rows from a matrix. But before I can do that I somehow
> need to convert 'combinations' into a list, since
> 'mode(combinations)' says it's 'numerical'. Any idea
> how I can do that?
>
> library("combinat")
>
> combinations <- t(combn(8,2))
>
> indices <- c(sample(1:length(combinations),10))
>
> # convert
> ???
>
> subset <- combinations[indices]
>
> Thanks in advance,