[R] GLM/GAM and unobserved heterogeneity

Spencer Graves spencer.graves at pdf.com
Thu Aug 25 06:08:28 CEST 2005

	  Have you considered "lmer" in library(lme4)?  See for example sec/ 4
pm "Two-level models for binary data" in vignette("MlmSoftRev") wiht
library(mlmRev) in addition to www.r-project.org -> "Documentation:
Newsletter" -> "R News Volume 5/1" -> "Fitting Linear Mixed Models in R"
by Doug Bates, pp. 27-30.

	  If you have more questions after reviewing this material please
submit another question, preferably following the posting guide!
just another symbol of burocracy.  It was written to try to help
questioners improve the chances that they will get the information they
want quickly.  I believe it is quite effective when it is used.  Many
people get answers to their questions in minutes, but that requires a
question that a potential respondent can understand and formulate a
sensible answer in seconds.

	  spencer graves

Spencer Graves, PhD
Senior Development Engineer