[R] help on retrieving output from by( ) for regression

Marc Schwartz (via MN) mschwartz at mn.rr.com
Thu Aug 25 18:52:11 CEST 2005

That works also (using the example in ?lmList)

library(lme4)

?lmList

fm1 <- lmList(breaks ~ wool | tension, warpbreaks)

However, one still would need to use either sapply() or lapply() as
below to get the details that Krishna is looking for.

'fm1' above is a list of models (S4 class 'lmList') not overly different
from 'tmp' below, which is a list of models (S3 class 'by').

If you review str(fm1) and str(tmp), you would note that they are
virtually identical, save the use of slots, etc.

HTH,

Marc Schwartz