[R] ROracle and select query empty

Mathieu Drapeau mathieu.drapeau at mcgill.ca
Thu Aug 25 19:29:49 CEST 2005

Hi,
I just installed ROracle and RDBI. The connection to the database seems
to work also. My problem is when I am selection rows that really exist
in the database, it is returning nothing. Where should I look to see
what could be my problem?

Thank you very much,
Mathieu

 > drv <- dbDriver("Oracle")
 > summary(drv, verbose=TRUE)
<OraDriver:(6721)>
  Driver name:  Oracle (ProC/C++)
  Max  connections: 10
  Conn. processed: 8
  Default records per fetch: 500
  Oracle R/S client version: 0.5-4
  RS-DBI version:  0.1-9
  Open connections: 2
    1  <OraConnection:(6721,0)>
    2  <OraConnection:(6721,7)>

 > conn <- dbConnect(drv, "mathieu/toto at MYDB")
 > summary(conn, verbose=TRUE) <OraConnection:(6721,7)>
  User: mathieu
  Dbname: MYDB
  Oracle Server version:

 > rs <- dbSendQuery(conn, statement = paste("select * from cat"))
 > summary(rs, verbose=TRUE)
<OraResult:(6721,7,2)>
  Statement: select * from cat
  Has completed? no
  Affected rows: 0
  Rows fetched: -1
  Fields:
        name    Sclass     type len precision scale isVarLength nullOK
1 TABLE_NAME character VARCHAR2  30         0     0        TRUE  FALSE
2 TABLE_TYPE character VARCHAR2  11         0     0        TRUE   TRUE

 > myContent <- fetch(rs, n = -1)
 > myContent
[1] TABLE_NAME TABLE_TYPE
<0 rows> (or 0-length row.names)