[R] R-help Digest, Vol 30, Issue 26

Jean-Marc Ottorini ottorini at mac.com
Fri Aug 26 15:15:17 CEST 2005

Dear R helpers,

   For me ( i.e. R 2.1.1 on Mac OS X), using  "trellis.device
(postscript, onefile = F, etc ..."  with the lattice library within a R
function works fine to obtain the desired graph as an EPS file ,
provided that :

    1) the command dev.off() is not included in this function

    2) and it is  issued at the  command level after the function has
been exited

I would like to know if there is a way to close the EPS file within the
function itself, freeing the user to issue the closing command (I
already  tried trellis.device (), and trellis.device (null) without any
success).

Regards,

J.-M.

  ----
Jean-Marc Ottorini               LERFoB, UMR INRA-ENGREF 1092
  email  ottorini at nancy.inra.fr          INRA - Centre de Nancy
  voice  +33-0383-394046                    F54280 - Champenoux
  fax    +33-0383-394034                                 France