[R] PLSR: model notation and reliabilities

I.Ioannou r at roryt.gr
Mon Aug 29 01:18:55 CEST 2005

On Sat, Aug 27, 2005 at 04:04:13AM +0300, I.Ioannou wrote:

> I'm new in both R and statistics. I "did my homework",

but apparently it was not enough :-(

I took a look inside the code of the *pls.fit functions
and at least now I know where I got it wrong.

So, I'm rephrasing my question :

I have a model with 2 latent constructs (D1 and D2)
each one made by 3 indicators (D1a, D1b, D1c etc).
Also I have 2 moderating indicators (factors, m1, m2).
The response (Y) is also a latent construct, with 3
indicators (Y1,Y2,Y3). Actually this is a simplified
description of my model which is far more complicated.

I want to express the regression using the constructs,
both for the response and the predictors, i.e. I need
to have "inner" and "outer" models. The outer model can be
expressed as :

Y ~ D1*m1 + D2*m2

How do I create the constructs from the indicators ?
I suspect I have to use somehow mvr or pca, but
I can not figure out how to use mvr for this since it
uses a formula and the response is required, while
princomp and prcomp gives me either more constructs
than just 1, or ICRs ~ 0.6, while cronbach's alpha >= 0.9
- apparently I'm not using them correctly.

Any help will be much appreciated

TIA