[R] question sur R

Spencer Graves spencer.graves at pdf.com
Tue Aug 30 05:51:09 CEST 2005

	  My knowledge of French is not adequate to ensure that I understand
your question, but since I haven't seen a reply to your post, I will
attempt a few comments.

	  Do you know the "X" matrix that generated the "Error in svd(X) :
infinite or missing values in x"?  If yes, have you tried to find
missing or Inf values in X?  If X is small, you could print it.
Otherwise, you might try "which(is.na(X))" and "which(abs(X)==Inf)".

	  If you don't know the "X" in the error message, I suggest two things:
  First, have you tried "traceback()"?  that may or may not help you.
Second, I don't know what function you are using, but much of R is
written in R.  I have on many occasions listed a function, copied it
into a script file and worked through it line by line until I find the
problem.

	  If you still have a question, feel free to try this list again.  I
have two suggestions that may increase the speed and utility of a
response:

	  (1) S'il vous plait, ecrire en le langue anglais.  Les lectures comme
moi ne tienes problems avec des fautes en l'utilization de la langue.
Et bien, il y a beaucoup de personnes qui peut repondre a un question
posee en anglais q'en francais.

	  (2) PLEASE do read the posting guide!

	  Bon chance.
	  Spencer Graves

Abdelhafid BERRICHI wrote:

> bonjour
>
> je suis elève à l'ENSAI Rennes et je suis actuellement en stage de fin
> d'études
>
> j'ai une question sur R
>
> en fait lorsque le simule 2 lois normales qui sont mes 2 variables
> explicatives continus
>         - une avec que des valeurs > 0 (ou que <0)   X1
>         - l'autre peut prendre aussi bien des valeurs <0 ou >0  X2
>

> et que je regresse le rating (facteur ordonné) sur X1 ca marche alors que
> sur X2 ca ne marche pas : il m'indique l'erreur suivante
>
>                                 Re-fitting to get Hessian
>                                 Error in svd(X) : infinite or missing
> values in x
>

> pourtant svd(X2) fonctionne bien : il fait bien la décomposition en
> valeurs singulière
>
> est-ce du au signe des valeurs ou bien est-ce un autre problème?
>
> merci d'avance!!
>
> cordialement
>
> abdelhafid berrichi
> 	[[alternative HTML version deleted]]