[R] library(its) problem

Erin Hodgess hodgess at gator.dt.uh.edu
Thu Dec 1 00:37:59 CET 2005

Dear R People:

I wanted to use the package "its" this afternoon.

I'm using R Version 2.2.0 for Windows.

I was able to install the package, but ran into trouble at
the "library" command.  Here is the output:

> library(its)
Hmisc library by Frank E Harrell Jr

Type library(help='Hmisc'), ?Overview, or ?Hmisc.Overview')
to see overall documentation.

NOTE:Hmisc no longer redefines [.factor to drop unused levels when
subsetting.  To get the old behavior of Hmisc type dropUnusedLevels().

Attaching package: 'Hmisc'

        The following object(s) are masked from package:stats :

         ecdf

Error in lazyLoadDBfetch(key, datafile, compressed, envhook) :
        ReadItem: unknown type 241
In addition: Warning message:
package 'its' was built under R version 2.3.0
Error: package/namespace load failed for 'its'

Is there a new version 2.3.0, please>

Thanks for any help!

Sincerely,
Erin Hodgess
Associate Professor
Department of Computer and Mathematical Sciences
University of Houston - Downtown
mailto: hodgess at gator.uhd.edu