[R] loop problem

Frank Johannes fjohannes at fastmail.fm
Mon Dec 5 16:28:23 CET 2005

Hi,
Here is my problem. Say I have two matrices,

Matrix A:

a b c
4 5 2
3 2 1
4 5 6

Matrix B:
d e f g h
3 4 5 2 1
2 3 7 8 6
8 5 1 3 4

I would like to correlate vector a of matrix A with with vectors
d,e,f,g,h of
matrix "B" and save the p-values (or some type of statistic) in a
seperate result vector, say z. Then, I would like to repeat this process
for vector b and vector c of matrix A. In the present example, vector z
would end up containg 15 elements.
I tried a few double loops, but was not successful in saving the results
in a vector. I was only able to print them with the "print" or "cat"
command, but could not turn the print or cat results into an accessible
object.

Help would be appreciated.
Thank you,
Frank.