[R] R coding style (was R is GNU S, not C....)

vincent@7d4.com vincent at 7d4.com
Thu Dec 8 10:56:14 CET 2005

Prof Brian Ripley a écrit :

> I had already posted this in this thread: it is in sections 3.1
> and Appendix B of `Writing R Extensions'.

Dear Prof Ripley,

I am certainly missing something. I did read
http://cran.r-project.org/doc/manuals/R-exts.html#Tidying-R-code
which is section 3.1 of `Writing R Extensions',
and also Appendix B of `Writing R Extensions'
which corresponds to the adress I have given in my previous message
http://cran.r-project.org/doc/manuals/R-exts.html#R-coding-standards

I have probably to change my glasses, but didn't read any
recommandation about semicolon usage there.
Apologies if I missed it.

 > (You seem unaware that this is a manual that ships with every
 > copy of R, as you give a URL on CRAN for part of it.)

Thanks for this point, but I'm aware about R docs on my PC.
The only reason I give URLs is by courtesy, for the convenience
of the interested readers, in order to give them direct access.