[R] Listing all possible samples of size n form a population of size N

Ales Ziberna aleszib at gmail.com
Thu Dec 8 15:44:43 CET 2005

Dear useRs!

I would like to list all possible samples of size n form a population of
size N. Obviously, N must be small (up to 20??) for this to be possible.

For example, let say that N = 3 and n = 2. Therefore, we can say we have
units 1, 2 and 3. I believe all possible samples are : {1,2},{2,3} and
{1,3}.

I would like to emphasize that I am not looking for the number of different
samples, but a list of all possible samples.

Thank you in advance for any suggestions.

Best,

Ales Ziberna