[R] Loading namespaces

BBK pcampbell at econ.bbk.ac.uk
Thu Dec 8 21:18:19 CET 2005

I'm creating a package for my own use that uses some S4 classes but no
methods.

I have a file called NAMESPACE it contains the line:

exportClasses("foo")

and at the top of the R file I have

setClass("foo", representation(x="numeric")

and the line:

.onLoad<-function(libname,pkgname)

When I run R CMD check I get Syntax error in the only R file.  If I comment
out the .onLoad function I get a package/namespace load failed error.

Are libname and pkgname parameters for the function .onLoad that need to
explicitly stated, or does R populate them when the package is loaded?

Does .onLoad as defined above do enough to ensure that the namesapce is
loaded?

Phineas Campbell

> version
         _