[R] odd error

IAIN GALLAGHER iaingallagher at btopenworld.com
Sat Dec 10 15:44:21 CET 2005

Hi All.

I am getting a rather odd error using R 2.2.0 on Suse
Linux 10. I write R scripts in the text editor Kate
and then execute them using e.g

>source ("timecourse_il4.r")

in R. I have been moving these scripts between a linux
box and a Mac and for that reason have a line

quartz(display="", width=7, height=7)# set quartz
graphics window size for linux change this to X11

in my script. Now to run this on the linux box I
either comment this line out i.e.

#quartz(display="", width=7, height=7)# set quartz
graphics window size for linux change this to X11

or change the "quartz" to "X11".

However when I run the script I get the following:

Warning messages:
1: quartz() device interactivity reduced without an
event loop manager in: quartz(display = "", width = 7,
height = 7)
2: Quartz device not available on this platform

I can work around this but wondered if anyone else was
having a similar problem. I don't actually think it's
a R problem but nontheless saving, closing and
re-opening the altered (i.e. lines commented out or
changed) file in Kate opens a file as it should be
(i.e. with changed line) but the problem in R still
occurs.

Cheers

Iain