[R] getting faster results

Berton Gunter gunter.berton at gene.com
Wed Dec 14 00:28:05 CET 2005

Please read the posting guide and repost. Your question is too vague to
respond to sensibly.

Speed in R depends on two things: How you program and what sort of system
resources R has available (especially memory). OS's can certainly make a
difference, but this is a 2nd order effect, I think.

-- Bert Gunter
Genentech Non-Clinical Statistics
South San Francisco, CA

"The business of the statistician is to catalyze the scientific learning
process."  - George E. P. Box