[R] X11 png jpeg cledit false when running from script

Prof Brian Ripley ripley at stats.ox.ac.uk
Thu Dec 15 07:37:15 CET 2005

It could be as simple as not having DISPLAY set when running the script.

capabilities() first checks there is a display specified, then that it can
be opened.  SELinux (which my FC3 box runs) does from time to time get in
the way (a month or so ago it stopped scripts accessing Xvfb), but usually
this is solved by updating/downdating the policies.

Marc Schwartz mentioned bitmap(): there is also package GDD if you can get
that to run (it runs for me on i386 FC3, but not on x86_64 FC3)

Brian D. Ripley,                  ripley at stats.ox.ac.uk