[R] Problems installing R 2.1.1. from rpm (R-base-2.2.0-1.i586.rpm) on SuSE 10

Rainer M Krug rkrug at sun.ac.za
Tue Dec 20 11:35:39 CET 2005

I used the SuSE 10 CDs as installation sources and added afterwards
OpenSuse sources and extra CDs for Suse 10 and OpenSuse.

By the way, I decided to compile it from source and it worked without
problems - no errors.

I guess that one of the versions used in the compilation for the rpms is
not compatible with a newer version.

Thanks for your help,

Rainer

Peter Dalgaard wrote:
> Rainer M Krug <rkrug at sun.ac.za> writes:
>
>> Nope - If I enter
>>
>>  > rpm -qf `which gfortran`
>>
>> I get
>>
>> gcc-fortran-4.0.2_20050901-3
>>
>> Rainer
>

> Hmm, where did the blas come in? I don't seem to have it on the SuSE
> 10 machine that I have access to (but it is running R-base-2.2.0-0).
>

>> Peter Dalgaard wrote:

>>> I suspect you're missing
>>> turmalin:~/>rpm -qf `which gfortran`
>>> gcc-fortran-4.0.2_20050901-3

Rainer M. Krug, Dipl. Phys. (Germany), MSc Conservation Biology (UCT)

Department of Conservation Ecology
University of Stellenbosch
Matieland 7602
South Africa