[R] glmmADMB: Generalized Linear Mixed Models using AD Model Builder

Roel de Jong dejongroel at gmail.com
Tue Dec 20 12:45:48 CET 2005

Of course it is generally possible to generate datasets for a perfectly
well-defined model that are hard to fit, but in this particular case I
feel it should be possible. In my observations, glmm.admb is far more
numerically stable fitting GLMM's than other software I've seen. Further
, I don't think the data I generated come from a model that is
overparameterized, severely contaminated with outliers, has no noise, or
is nonlinear. But I encourage anyone to run a simulation study with
generated data they think are acceptable and compare the robustness of
several methods. I leave it at this.

Best regards,
	Roel de Jong