[R] Install Rmpi on Fedora with mpich2 installed.

Martin Morgan mtmorgan at fhcrc.org
Tue Dec 20 21:10:52 CET 2005

No direct experience with mpich2 on Fedora, but I think you can use

./configure --with-mpi=/usr/local/mpich2

from within the unpacked Rmpi tarball, or

R CMD INSTALL Rmpi_... --configure-args=--with-mpi=/usr/local/mpich2

from the command line. ... is the tab-completion to the tarball, and
/usr/local/mpich2 should be a path such that mpi.h is in
/usr/local/mpichs/include/mpi.h. Some insight is in the configure.in
file of Rmpi.

Hope that helps! Sorry for the repost, Bin, meant this originally to
reply to the newsgroup.

Martin