[R] off topic A4 paper

Marc Schwartz (via MN) mschwartz at mn.rr.com
Tue Dec 27 23:53:05 CET 2005

On Tue, 2005-12-27 at 16:16 -0600, Erin Hodgess wrote:
> Dear R People:
>
> Please excuse the off topic question.
>
> What are the dimensions of A-4 Paper, please?
>
> Actually, the question should read, "how do I set up a LaTex file
> to fix A-4 paper, please?"
>
> Thanks much!

Set the documentclass in your LaTeX source file to:

  \documentclass[a4paper]{...}

as opposed to:

  \documentclass[letterpaper]{...}

In addition, if you are using latex+dvips, you may need to specify the
a4 papersize on the dvips command line using the '-t' argument:

  dvips -t a4 InputFile.dvi -o OutputFile.ps

if the default system setting is for letterpaper, which will likely be
the case for U.S. based installs.

a4 paper is 210 mm x 297 mm.

There is a TeX FAQ here which might be helpful:

http://www.tex.ac.uk/cgi-bin/texfaq2html

HTH,

Marc Schwartz