[R] ESS and Emacs

John Fox jfox at mcmaster.ca
Fri Dec 30 17:32:15 CET 2005

Dear Paul and Mark,

I've just taken a look at the current XEmacs setup program for Windows, and
it has changed significantly since the document to which you referred was
last updated (about a year ago). In particular, the XEmacs setup no longer
gives you the option to install all packages, as I recommended. Among these
is ess, which is not in the small set of packages that XEmacs currently
installs, nor does ess seem to be available via the packages tool in XEmacs.

I'm copying this response to the ESS help list, and will remove the
XEmacs/ESS document on my web site so that people aren't further misled.

Sorry for the problem,
 John

John Fox
Department of Sociology