[R] Box-Cox / data transformation question

Spencer Graves spencer.graves at pdf.com
Tue Feb 1 00:00:29 CET 2005

      What R commands were used to produce this estimate of the required
transformation?  Did the command used produce a confidence interval for
the power transformation, as, e.g., "boxcox" in library(MASS) described
by Venables and Ripley (2002) Modern Applied Statistics with S, 4th ed.
(Springer, sec. 6.8, p. 172)?

      In particular, did the confidence interval include more common
numbers like 0 or 0.5 or 1?  If you describe the application a bit (but
still briefly), that information along with the confidence interval
might elicit other useful comments.

      hope this helps.  spencer graves
p.s  PLEASE do read the posting guide!
http://www.R-project.org/posting-guide.html.  It  might help you
formulate your question in a way that might elicit more useful answers.