[R] R-Project Plot: Creating browser map tags

Jon Hurley jonnybravo104 at hotmail.com
Wed Feb 2 01:17:02 CET 2005

Hi,

I have started looking into using R for generating graphs displayed in a web
browser and it produces really nice graphics. One of the requirements I have
is to construct HTML map tags over the graphs so that users can click on
elements of the graph (e.g. bars of a histogram) and either see interesting
information or navigate to another page.

I see how to produce JPEG images with R that can be readily embedded in an
HTML page but did not see how to output information to produce maps.

Could anyone tell if this is possible and if so how?

Many thanks -- Jon