[R] genetic algorithm

dr mike dr.mike at ntlworld.com
Fri Feb 4 19:20:42 CET 2005

To my knowledge, two packages have an implementation of an evolutionary, or
genentic, algorithm. Gafit is a curve fitting package and rgenoud for
function minimisation (combined with, iirc, a derivative-based Quasi-Newton
approach for unconstrained problems). One thing, in the S-Plus robust
library, the robust regression package lmRob has an option to use a genetic
algorithm in the resampling scheme to obtain initial S-estimates.

Regards

Mike