[R] RODBC working in Rgui but not Rterm

Shlomo Katchmalik katchmalik at gmail.com
Mon Feb 7 05:03:26 CET 2005

Oh, I see what you mean now.  Sorry for the misunderstanding.

I have my local MySQL database set with a very lax level of security,
so I don't need to use a password.  All I have needed in the past has
been to supply the uid, and everything has worked just fine, both for
Rgui and Rterm.  However, I recently reinstalled all of my software
and databases on a new machine, and since then, I haven't been able to
get RODBC to work from Rterm.

If I use only odbcConnect("MySQL"), I would previously get the dialog
box that you mention.  Now, however, I do not get that dialog box.