[R] DLL hangs

Duncan Murdoch murdoch at stats.uwo.ca
Mon Feb 7 15:37:34 CET 2005

On Mon, 07 Feb 2005 14:43:45 +0100, Uwe Ligges
<ligges at statistik.uni-dortmund.de> wrote :

>Urs Wagner wrote:
>
>> Hello
>>
>> I built a dll with cggwin.
> > When  I want to load it with RGUI the RGUI
>> hangs. How can I troubleshoot it?
>
>Not using cygwin, which is unsupported.
>Please read the R for Windows FAQ, in particular Chapter 7 "Building
>from Source" and follow the advices given therein - and given in therein
>cited documentation such as README.packages.

Urs:

That's probably the easiest approach.

However, if there really is some reason why Cygwin is necessary for
you, then in principle what you are trying should be possible.  It is
definitely possible to write DLLs in compilers other than MinGW, such
as MSVC++, Delphi, various Fortrans, etc.

You can read some general advice for using foreign compilers on my web
page

 http://www.stats.uwo.ca/faculty/murdoch/software/compilingDLLs/

If you can work out what is going wrong with Cygwin, I'd be happy to
add a section of your findings.

Duncan Murdoch