[R] Nonparametric Split-Plot

Gary Whysong Gary.Whysong at asu.edu
Tue Feb 8 00:09:43 CET 2005

Hello,

I have several data sets involving repeated measures over time of annual
grass survival in plots following application of several levels of
herbicide treatments. Since the data set contains quite a number of
zeros, it doesn't fit the assumptions for parametric analysis.

I read in

Shah, D.A. and L. V. Madden. 2004. Nonparametric analysis of ordinal
data in designed factorial experiments. Am. Phytopathological Soc. 94:1
pp 33-43.

that free macros exist for this analysis in SAS and R. I've looked
through the R packages and searched the R mailing list; however, I can't
seem to find what I'm looking for. Perhaps, I'm looking in the wrong place.

I would appreciate it if someone would point me in the right direction.

Thanks,

Gary Whysong
Department of Applied Biological Sciences
Arizona State University East