lme4 "package" etc {Re: [R] lme4 --> GLMM} | fortunes package

Eric Lecoutre lecoutre at stat.ucl.ac.be
Tue Feb 8 12:02:29 CET 2005

I guess Martin is struggling to have the most entries in the next version
of "fortunes" ;-)
Well... I hope so! Or we should really do something for new users - letting
any R core team member getting convulsive is dangerous for the futuRe.

Best wishes,

Eric

>    Pavel> this is a question, how can i specify the random part
>     Pavel> in the GLMM-call (of the lme4 library) for compound
>     Pavel> matrices just in the the same way as they defined in
>     Pavel> the lme-Call (of the nlme library).
>
>``twice in such a short paragraph -- yikes !!'' ... I'm getting
>convulsive...
>
>There is NO lme4 library nor an nlme one !
>There's the lme4 *PACKAGE* and the nlme *PACKAGE* -- please --
>
>(If the nlme package is built, it will rely on a nlme.so or
>  nlme.dll (or nlme.dylib ...) *library* of compiled C code,
>  and if packages are installed,
>  they are installed into a library of packages;
>  typically into one of the libraries in .libPaths()
>)
>
>whooh.... Martin

Eric Lecoutre
UCL /  Institut de Statistique
Voie du Roman Pays, 20
1348 Louvain-la-Neuve
Belgium

tel: (+32)(0)10473050
lecoutre at stat.ucl.ac.be
http://www.stat.ucl.ac.be/ISpersonnel/lecoutre

If the statistics are boring, then you've got the wrong numbers. -Edward
Tufte