[R] simple example of C interface to R

Huntsinger, Reid reid_huntsinger at merck.com
Tue Feb 8 22:19:10 CET 2005

Rtest.o is just an object file, and the second call to gcc is really a call
to ld and creates Rtest.so, a shared library. Neither is executable.
Probably you want to compile Rtest.c into an executable; it does have the
"main" function after all. Perhaps

gcc -L/usr/local/lib -o Rtest Rtest.o   -L/usr/lib/R/bin -lR

would work.

Reid Huntsinger