[R] panel plot with log-scaled x-axis

Deepayan Sarkar deepayan at stat.wisc.edu
Wed Feb 9 16:09:24 CET 2005

On Wednesday 09 February 2005 04:07, Christoph Scherber wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I´ll try to rephrase my question using the following example:
>
> xyplot(conc~uptake|Treatment+Type,data=CO2)
>
> Would it be possible to make each of the x axes log-scaled

Yes, with

xyplot(conc ~ uptake | Treatment + Type, data = CO2,
       scales = list(x = list(log = TRUE)))

> (but with  the same tick labels)?

No, but that isn't always the most appropriate thing anyway (the ticks
may get too close). You can always specify the locations manually, as
in

xyplot(conc ~ uptake | Treatment + Type, data = CO2,
       scales =
       list(x =
            list(log = TRUE,
                 at = c(10, 20, 30, 40))))

Ideally, the tick locations should be computed by (a variation of)
'axTicks', but I've never gotten around to implementing that.

Deepayan