[R] R on solaris 10 on a 64-bit ultra60 sparc

Christoph Lehmann christoph.lehmann at gmx.ch
Mon Feb 14 14:16:07 CET 2005

Hi
since I have no experience with solaris and sparc-architecture. We
installed the latest Solaris 10 on a 64-bit ultra60 sparc machine. Since
the solaris 10 is said to run native linux-applications: can I just
download any r-binaries for linux? if yes, for which distribution?

or are there any solaris 10 binaries? or do I need to compile R myself
on the sparc?

sorry for this beginner-question. but I am grateful for any small hint

cheers
christoph