[R] problem with se.contrast()

Christoph Buser buser at stat.math.ethz.ch
Fri Feb 18 10:29:29 CET 2005

Dear Jamie

I already thought that your data structure could be more
complicated than in the example.
I would be careful anywhere. Since there is a difference in the
results of se.contrasts() in R-devel and the results from lme
(and the with lme consistent results of the aggregated data)
in this nice balanced design, I am suspicious, especially if you
real design is more complicated.
Even if you get no error message for your data, I'd calculate
the analysis using for example lme for a second time to control
the results.
I wish you all the best for your analysis.

Christoph Buser

Christoph Buser <buser at stat.math.ethz.ch>
Seminar fuer Statistik, LEO C11
ETH (Federal Inst. Technology)	8092 Zurich	 SWITZERLAND
phone: x-41-1-632-5414		fax: 632-1228
http://stat.ethz.ch/~buser/