[R] extracting F, df and r squared using

Dieter Menne dieter.menne at menne-biomed.de
Sun Feb 20 11:14:03 CET 2005

Dear all,

After posting the reply quoted below, I received an email by Prof. Brian Ripley
stating:

"It would be helpful if this credited the quotes, and I believe it to be
a breach of copyright not too. It's way out of context for me."

This is the THIRD time I got a message with a similar content from the Prof.
Brian Ripley, and I am a little bothered, to be polite.

1) It is considered good manners in most lists to shorten the question in such
a way that anyone with a thread-aware reader knows which question, possible out
of a multipart message, was answered. This is more work than citing the whole
message, but it assumes that people can handle threaded lists. I personally
don't like to scroll through fifty lines just to find a one-liner, even a good
one, and there are still a few people around who are connected by 56k modems.

2) Could someone else please comment on the "breach of copyright"? Looks like
it is a little different in GB.

3) The posting guide says that answers normally should be directed to the list.
I was surprised about the many comments I have received by private email which
could have been helpful to others. I understand now why I should use private
mail to avoid breaches of copyright.

Dieter Menne

----- My posting -----

> If you look at tmp, all the F statistics, r-squared values, etc. are there,
> but is there an easy way to get at them reported in a tabulated form?

 Try:

 tb=by(warpbreaks, tension,
   function(x) {
     sumlm=summary(lm(breaks ~ wool, data=x))
     c(sumlm$df,F=sumlm$fstatistic)
   }
   )
 do.call("rbind",tb)

and don't forget to give the df columns a name.

> and no smart-alec comments about bonferonni corrections :)

Use package (or library ???... just kidding) multcomp.

No smart-alec comments about packages and libraries, please.

 Dieter