[R] Run Sweave and LaTeX directly from command line

Gorjanc Gregor Gregor.Gorjanc at bfro.uni-lj.si
Tue Feb 22 23:03:03 CET 2005

Friedrich,

This texi2dvi is also very nice. Dou you know of any pros and cons
in comparison to rubber?

Is tex2dvi also shipped with R for windows? I am not able to find
a binnary in my windows installation, however I found help page.
Did I missed anything? I have 2.0.1

  > Hello!
  > Those of you, who use Sweave a lot, will probably find my shell script
  > usable. You can get it at:

  > http://www.bfro.uni-lj.si/MR/ggorjan/programs/shell/Sweave.sh

  > No warranty, however don't hesitate to contact me if you find an error or
  > have a patch!

Very nice!

Side note 1: R ships a version of texi2dvi, hence you might use that
one in case rubber is not found.

side note 2: For make afficionados the follwing 2 rules in combination
with the Sweave script from the FAQ do almost the same (that's what I
use :-)

%.tex: %.Rnw
        Sweave $<

%.pdf : %.tex
        texi2dvi --clean --pdf $<

Best,
Fritz Leisch

                        Friedrich Leisch
Institut für Statistik                     Tel: (+43 1) 58801 10715
Technische Universität Wien                Fax: (+43 1) 58801 10798
Wiedner Hauptstraße 8-10/1071
A-1040 Wien, Austria             http://www.ci.tuwien.ac.at/~leisch