[R] H-F corr.: covariance matrix for interaction effect

Peter Dalgaard p.dalgaard at biostat.ku.dk
Wed Feb 23 14:59:07 CET 2005

Bela Bauer <bela_b at gmx.net> writes:

> Hi,
>
> I'm still not quite there with my H-F (G-G) correction code. I have it
> working for the main effects, but I just can't figure out how to do it
> for the effect interactions. The thing I really don't know (and can't
> find anything about) is how to calculate the covariance matrix for the
> interaction between the two (or even n) main factors.
> I've looked through some books here and I've tried everything that came
> to my mind, but I can't seem to be able to figure out an algorithm that
> does it for me.
>
> Could anyone give me a hint about how I could do this?
> (I'll append my code at the end, in case that helps in any way...)

I have given it to you before: My plan is to drop the explicit formula
involving on/off diagonal elements of S and go directly at Box (1954),
theorems 3.1 and 6.1, involving eigenvalues of TST', where T is the
relevant residual operator. In the case where one of the factors have
only two levels, I believe you just take differences and use the usual
formula, but more than two levels is tricky.