[R] Graphics (crashes under Windows)

Graham Jones maillists at visiv.co.uk
Wed Feb 23 17:48:12 CET 2005

In message <200502231143.j1NBTtYT030301 at hypatia.math.ethz.ch>, r-help-
request at stat.math.ethz.ch writes

>The R platform that I installed on my Windows XP crashes everytime that
>I try to run some sophisticated graphics (e.g. Demo Graphics). Is that
>to do with the configuration? Shall I reinstall it?

You may have a buggy video driver. If you go to Control Panel, Display,
Settings, Advanced, Troubleshoot, and reduce the hardware acceleration,
it may fix the problem. (Maybe it is worth adding this trick to the R
for Windows FAQ?)

--
Graham Jones, author of SharpEye Music Reader
http://www.visiv.co.uk