[R] and [ESS] Starting ESS

Vincent Goulet vincent.goulet at act.ulaval.ca
Thu Feb 24 21:42:58 CET 2005

To answer your question: I don't think it matters.

If you're willing to use FSG Emacs instead of XEmacs, I repackaged Emacs 21.3
for Windows together with recent versions of ESS and AuCTeX for my students
(I personally run Linux). The package and installation instructions are at:

 http://vgoulet.act.ulaval.ca/download/software/emacs/

(Look for files emacs-21.3-ready.zip, emacs_install_en.txt and perhaps
ess_s-plus_win_en.txt.)

Hope this helps!