[R] New Year Wish List

Dirk Eddelbuettel edd at debian.org
Sat Jan 1 20:34:17 CET 2005

On Sat, Jan 01, 2005 at 10:45:19AM -0600, hadley wickham wrote:
> > 4. Sourceforge-like Support for Subprojects.
> >
> >   This refers to groupware support for subproject development.
> >   The Lua and Ruby communities have done this with LuaForge.net and
> >   RubyForge.org.
>
> I think both are powered by http://gforge.org/ - it probably wouldn't
> be difficult to set up something similar for R.

The shortage is not on the software side:  'apt-get install gforge'.
It is on volunteer time configuring and maintaining gforge, providing
bandwidth, running backups, ...

It's a pretty tall order, so I wouldn't expect this to happen too soon.
Of course, I'd be very glad to be proven wrong in this matter.

Dirk

--
If you don't go with R now, you will someday.
  -- David Kane on r-sig-finance, 30 Nov 2004