[R] spreadsheet addiction

Graham Smith graham.smith at myotis.co.uk
Mon Jan 3 13:19:39 CET 2005

Patrick,

A very interesting and useful read, but following up on your final point,
should anyone be interested, Quatro Pro allows for 18,000 columns rather
than the 256 columns of Excel, and has done for as many versions back as I
can remember.

Not being expert enough in R I have found that this ability of Quattro
allows me to prepare a data set for importing into a Stats program that is
far larger than Excel can cope with.

Having said that, like most people, my day to day spreadsheet is Excel.

Graham