[R] make R package for windows on Linux

Paulo Justiniano Ribeiro Jr paulojus at est.ufpr.br
Wed Jan 5 15:48:19 CET 2005

Hi

I do it for the geoR package following the excelent and detailed
instructions provided by Yan and Rossini:

"Building Microsoft Windows Versions of R and R packages under Intel
Linux"

available at the Contributed Documentation in the R web-site

Notice that not having C/Fortran/C++ code make the process even simpler.

P.J.

On Wed, 5 Jan 2005, Halldor Björnsson wrote:

> Hi,
> I made a package on a linux box. All worked fine.
> The package contains only R code (no C). I then wanted to make a zip
> file so that I could test the package on a windows machine. I have tried
> all the obvious ways to do this (and even some that are not!), but to no
> avail. The only  instructions I find about building packages for windows
> (e.g. mypkg.zip) seem to imply that the build be done on a windows machine.
>
> Is there a simple way to make mypkg.zip under linux and then install it
> as a zip file on a windows machine?
>
> Sincerely,
> Halldor
> --

Paulo Justiniano Ribeiro Jr
LEG (Laboratório de Estatística e Geoinformação)
Departamento de Estatística
Universidade Federal do Paraná
Caixa Postal 19.081
CEP 81.531-990