[R] Rprofile file to automatically plot data, tried using the .First command.

John Fisler john.fisler at latticesemi.com
Thu Jan 6 01:33:39 CET 2005

Dear Dr. Andreas Kiermeier and the R help Community,

Thank you for your idea on putting the plot command in a .First statement.

I tried putting the plot comamnd in a '.First' statement like the following:

x <- c(1,2,3,4,5)
y <- c(2,5,6,3,10)

.First <- function() {

plot(x,y)

}

and had the same error message:

Error in .First() : couldn't find function "plot"

Should I be put the plot command in a different 'startup' file?

Thanks,

John

the following commands