[R] aggregate()

Gabor Grothendieck ggrothendieck at myway.com
Thu Jan 6 05:17:54 CET 2005

Karla Meurk <ksm32 <at> student.canterbury.ac.nz> writes:

:
: Hi, some time ago I asked R-help about aggregating data as a result I
: was able to put together some code which includes the line
:
: rain.ag <- aggregate(newdata, list(hod6=cut(mindata,"6 hours")), mean,
: na.rm=T)
:
: I also want to aggregate daily, and 30 minutely etc.
:
: My question is why is it that I get answers with list(.. "hours") but R
: cannot cope with list(.."6 hours") or any other multiple.  I have tried
: overcoming this using nfrequency= but to no avail
:
: can someone help?

You need to provide a short reproducible example to illustrate
your problem with an explanation of what you expect from the
code.  That means that someone can just copy the code
from your posting and paste it into their session and see the
exact same incorrect output or error that you got.  If its
not short you need to boil it down to something that is short
before posting it.