[R] Windows package development: bad html links to functions in non-standard packages

Andrew Ward Andrew.Ward at qsa.qld.edu.au
Fri Jan 7 03:37:50 CET 2005

I am using R 2.0.1 Patched on Windows 2000.

I have created a binary package for Windows that builds, checks,
installs and works without errors. In some of my .Rd files, I
have links to functions in the standard packages supplied with R
as well as links to others in add-on packages that I have installed.
For instance, one .Rd file has the following snippet:

\seealso{ \code{\link[lattice]{xyplot}},
          \code{\link[MASS]{rlm}},
          \code{\link[RODBC]{odbcConnect}}}

I have installed RODBC in a separate library, pointed to by
R_LIBS. The HTML links to xyplot and rlm work fine, but those to
packages not in the standard library can't be found (such as to
odbcConnect above). The link points to a non-existent file in the
main library (file:///c:/r/library/RODBC/html/odbcConnect.html)
rather than to the existing file in R_LIBS
(z:/r/library/RODBC/html/odbcConnect.html).

I would be very grateful if someone could point out what I have
carelessly overlooked in endeavouring to link to HTML files in both
the main and in non-standard packages libraries.

Thank you very much for your advice.

Regards,

Andrew C. Ward,
Senior Analyst (Quantitative), Tel: +61 7 3864 0439
Queensland Studies Authority,  Fax: +61 7 3229 3318
295 Ann Street,
Brisbane Qld 4000, Australia
This email (including any attached files) is for the intended
recipient(s) only. If you received this email by mistake, please,
as a courtesy, tell the sender, then delete this email.

The views and opinions are the originator's and do not necessarily
reflect those of the Queensland Studies Authority. All reasonable
precautions have been taken to ensure that this email contained no
viruses at the time it was sent.