[R] Basic Linear Algebra

Mulholland, Tom Tom.Mulholland at dpi.wa.gov.au
Fri Jan 7 07:59:42 CET 2005

I don't normally have to go anywhere near this stuff , but it seems to me that this should be a straight-forward process in R.

For the purposes of this enquiry I thought I would use something I can work out on my own.

So I have my matrix and the right hand results from that matrix

tdata <- matrix(c(0,1,0,-1,-1,2,0,0,-5,-6,0,0,3,-5,-6,1,-1,-1,0,0),byrow = T,ncol = 5)
sumtd <- c(0,0,0,-2)

> tdata
     [,1] [,2] [,3] [,4] [,5]
[1,]    0    1    0   -1   -1
[2,]    2    0    0   -5   -6
[3,]    0    0    3   -5   -6
[4,]    1   -1   -1    0    0
> sumtd
[1]  0  0  0 -2

which I can calculate to give me 3x+30, x+12, 2x+20,  12x, x

Would someone be kind enough to point me in the right direction as to which tools I should be using and any sage words of advice for the barely informed.

Tom Mulholland

         _
platform i386-pc-mingw32
arch     i386